1. Fix your car with Ebsco’s Auto Repair Reference Center. Follow the links to Repair Procedures, Service Bulletins and Recalls, Labor, Wiring Diagrams, and Maintenance Intervals. From Electronic Library, click on Ebsco Host and supply your 14 digit library barcode number. Select Auto Repair Reference Center.
2. Learn a language with Mango Languages. Choose from over 35 languages. From Electronic Library, click on Mango Languages. Supply your 14 digit library barcode number. Either click Start Learning and choose a language, or create a profile first to track your progress.
3. Get specific drug information or other relevant health information with Consumer Health Complete. From Electronic Library, click on Texshare. Supply the login and password obtained from the Reference desk. Click on the Texshare link in the top right corner of the menu. Scroll down to Consumer Health Complete. Select drug and herb information. Type in the name of the drug or herb and click search.
4. Get a Datamonitor Report for major companies with Business Source Complete. Find key employees, head office contact information, and a company overview among other vital business information. From Electronic Library, click on Ebsco Host and supply your 14 digit library barcode number. Select Business Searching Interface. Select Company Profiles and enter the company name.
5. Read newspaper articles from around the world with Ebsco’s Newspaper Source. From Electronic Library, click on Ebsco Host and supply your 14 digit library barcode number. Select All Databases and scroll down to Newspaper Source. Select Title List to view an alphabetical list of all newspapers.
6. Get help with your science experiment projects with Science Online. From Electronic Library, click on Science Online. Supply your 14 digit library barcode number. Enter your topic keywords and select from Topics, Terms, and Principles; Images, Videos, and Animations; Experiments & Activities; Biographies; News Articles, or view All Results.
7. Download free ebooks, audiobooks, and video with Overdrive. From Electronic Library, select the Overdrive icon. Select the My Help icon to receive instructions on how to get started with Overdrive. Visit the Adult Programs Schedule link found from the library’s homepage for Overdrive instruction class times. Or contact the Friendswood Public Library at 281-482-7135 for additional help.
Electronic Library can be accessed from the Friendswood Public Library’s homepage at (www.friendswood.lib.tx.us). These databases provide thousands of articles of information on most any topic needed. For more information, visit the library’s Reference Department or call 281-482-7135.